OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

supplementary file change "type" options

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

supplementary file change "type" options

Postby theodore » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Although i read on older topics that it is impossible to modify the dropdwonmenu options, I succesfully managed to change the default dropdown menu with the many useless types to the ones I want.
I modified the "author class" (AuthorSubmitSuppFileForm.inc.php) and the local\en_us\author.xml to make corrected referrence to <message key="author.submit.suppFile.____myType___">My Type</message>.
Now when the author adds supplementary files, the dropdown menu "type" presents my choices.

the problem:
this doesn't happen when the EDITOR edits the metadata and the dropdown menu searches the default references which do not exist anymore. But I cannot fnd where this old encryption is remained so as to change it also for the editor...
The dropdown menu for the editor has choices like this one:
##author.submit.suppFile.researchInstrument##

If you want further details to help, pls ask!
regards,
theo
theodore

Re: supplementary file change "type" options

Postby theodore » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:51 am

nevermind, I found it!

it was in the file "\classes\submission\form\SuppFileForm.inc.php"
I changed also this one and now works!

cheers,
theo
theodore

Return to OJS Development