OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can you tell me about templates ?????

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Can you tell me about templates ?????

Postby zahirul » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Hello Dear Brothers/Sisters,
I am new with Open Journal system. I know PHP, My SQL, Others; But not familiar with smarty (.tpl file). recently,I have started studying on smarty syntaxes; but all are not clear with PHP operation. Right now I have a project on OJS that need to edit design layout and implement new design in the site page and inside journal pages. I need to add additional top menu beside the default top menu that will remain above the default top menu and same menus on the footer area. But I can identify properly which files need to edit for site home page and journal home pages. the filing system of OJS seems difficult to me. I expect someone to help me to understand the template. if some one can help me about the mentioned matters please reply me . I will be very grateful to him/her. I am using latest 3.7.0. I want to learn more about OJS and contribute to this community. right now I need someone's help.

Hope to thank this community

Regards,
Zahir
zahirul

Return to OJS Development