OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can you tell me about templates ?????

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Can you tell me about templates ?????

Postby zahirul » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:17 pm

Hello Dear Brothers/Sisters,
I am new with Open Journal system. I know PHP, My SQL, Others; But not familiar with smarty (.tpl file). recently,I have started studying on smarty syntaxes; but all are not clear with PHP operation. Right now I have a project on OJS that need to edit design layout and implement new design in the site page and inside journal pages. I need to add additional top menu beside the default top menu that will remain above the default top menu and same menus on the footer area. But I can identify properly which files need to edit for site home page and journal home pages. the filing system of OJS seems difficult to me. I expect someone to help me to understand the template. if some one can help me about the mentioned matters please reply me . I will be very grateful to him/her. I am using latest 3.7.0. I want to learn more about OJS and contribute to this community. right now I need someone's help.

Hope to thank this community

Regards,
Zahir
zahirul

Return to OJS Development