OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

problems with sending mail

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

problems with sending mail

Postby jaquelinemoreira » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:22 am

My name is Jaqueline Moreira. I work at Instituto Evandro Chagas, Belém, Brazil.

We have an online submission system for the journal Revista Pan-Amazônica de Saúde.

this is our problem, I state here what is happening to us:
On Oct 7, 2011, the submission/acknowledgment e-mails ceased being sent to the author and to the RPAS Editorial Board.
We had the system tested several times, and its other messages are being sent regularly, such as the password reset e-mail, the submission_unsuitable e-mail, among others. Only the email sent as the author finishes the submission process (submission/acknowledgment e-mails) is not being sent, and the submission is not being recorded on the system’s e-mail log.

At IEC we have 2 other systems using the same server and they are working perfectly, so we ruled out a problem in the server or in the e-mail server.

we did a test when we are completing a simultaneous submission, and gave the following error:
OJS SMTPMailer: Did not receive expected 250 (3), referer: http://submit.iec.pa.gov.br/index.php/r ... icleId=474

the version we use is the OJS 2.2.2

I thank the help...
jaquelinemoreira

Re: problems with sending mail

Postby asmecher » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:26 am

Hi all,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8033&p=31179#p31179 for the same thread in another forum. Please don't cross-post; we're a small team and you'll reach the same people in either place.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby jaquelinemoreira » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:31 am

Hello Alec,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I just didn't know in which section I should have posted my problem (OJS Development or OJS technical Support). Could you please just tell me if I'm supposed to wait for the assistance of your technical support in the other forum? So I would not use this one anymore.

Best regards,

Jaqueline
jaquelinemoreira

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:34 am

Hi Jaqueline,

Either forum is fine; the same team reads all the forums and will respond regardless. We're just trying to avoid a situation where two team members are working on the same post in two different forums. It generally takes a day or three for someone to respond, depending on the complexity of the problem and how many posts we're already working with.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development