OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Change Word "Submission"

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Change Word "Submission"

Postby hekutoru2kx » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi everybody,

Last day my boss asked me if there's a way to change the word "submission" to another world like "article" (actually it was in spanish "envío" to "artículo"). He asked me because he thinks that the word is not too friendly (in spanish) for some editors and he wanted to know if it is posible.

Let me know please and thx again.
hekutoru2kx

Re: Change Word "Submission"

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi hekutoru2kx,

You have a few options: you can find the relevant locale key and change it (try searching in locale/es_ES/ and lib/pkp/locale/es_ES/ for the Spanish message key); you can use the Custom Locale plugin to make changes to the locales that are installed on your journal for that particular journal (changes are stored in the database); or you can use the Translator plugin to modify the locale and locale files directly.

In any of these instances, you will need to know the name of the key you want changed. I suspect it's "article.submission" (see <message key="article.submission">Envío</message>, line 112 in locale/es_ES/locale.xml in OJS 2.3.6) or "article.submissionId" (<message key="article.submissionId">ID de envío</message>, line 91 in the same file). Let us know if you need more information on how to do any of this.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Change Word "Submission"

Postby hekutoru2kx » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:45 am

Thank You James,

I'll be "experimenting" then with the locale. I found it very useful ;).

Cheers,

Héctor Hernández
hekutoru2kx

Return to OJS Development