OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Third-party submission of manuscript

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Third-party submission of manuscript

Postby drjhf » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:07 pm

A nice feature that several of our journals have asked for is the ability for an editor to enter a submission on behalf of an author. At present, it seems that only the author can handle a submission - or one has to use the import function, via an XML file. I have been unable to find a way for third-party submission. Please correct me if I have overlooked something. Thanks
drjhf

Postby asmecher » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:28 pm

Hi drjhf,

There are a few ways to go about this, but perhaps nothing as direct as you're suggesting.
  • Register your Editors as Authors and have them submit the manuscript through that process; in the submission process it's possible not to designate the submitting user as an author of the paper (i.e. the metadata will list the correct author). This means that the editor will need to perform the author's other tasks, such as proofreading etc.
  • The Journal Manager has the ability to "Sign In As" any user; this will allow them to submit an article on behalf of an author (but they must be a Journal Manager).
I'll note your suggestion for possible inclusion in a later release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development