OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Starting a new plugin

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Re: Starting a new plugin

Postby mary » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 pm

jmacgreg wrote:Alternatively, I believe you can also upload the plugin to the right directory via ftp, and then run OJS' upgrade script; the script finds and adds any new plugins' version.xml file information.

Apologies for the obtuseness, but which upgrade script is this? Neither of these seem to do it:

Code: Select all
php tools/upgrade.php check

php tools/upgrade.php latest

I haven't checked "download" and "patch" yet but I'm reluctant to, since I don't want to upgrade OJS itself, I want it to see my plugin.
mary

Postby mary » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:30 pm

mary wrote:Apologies for the obtuseness, but which upgrade script is this?

Got it:

php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

Seems foolish, but this isn't actually one of the options presented by
php tools/upgrade.php
so I completely forgot about it.
mary

Postby MMeijer » Mon May 09, 2011 1:57 am

Hi James,

Back after two weeks holiday, it's a nice surprise to see that my findings about uploading/deleting supplemental files have been escalated to official bugs.
Thanks!

However, with regard to my conceived plugin, the most serious "bug" is the absence of any hooks in the "supplemental_files_editing" part of OJS.

jmacgreg wrote:Your further questions regarding adding plugin functionality to the supplementary files pages is beyond my knowledge, so I'll be passing this thread on to a developer who will get back to you shortly.

OK, I'll be waiting ...

gr. Maarten
MMeijer

Postby mcrider » Wed May 11, 2011 12:45 pm

Hi Maarten,

There's not much to be done about the hooks but adding them yourself. Typically though, if there is a good reason to have new hooks in the system, we can include them in an official release. Just create a bug and submit a patch (or make a pull request on github) and we will likely put it in the official codebase.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Previous

Return to OJS Development