OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Highlight new item in submissionReview page

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Highlight new item in submissionReview page

Postby marchitelli » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:19 am

Hi,
I was asked to highlight the presence of a reviewer comment/decision in editor's view of submissionReview page.

I'm using an OJS 2.3.3 and I saw the function described in http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2683

Is there a way to show the action required and/or highlight the action in review page (as in example below)
rev_h.PNG
Review comments highlights
rev_h.PNG (9.65 KiB) Viewed 1533 times

Thanks,
Andrea
marchitelli

Re: Highlight new item in submissionReview page

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Hi Andrea,

Could you clarify -- did you want to highlight (as bold or colorize) the decision on that page itself, or did you want to add the reviewer's ruling to the submission's listing on the Submissions in Review page? I think you mean the former, but I wanted to double-check.

If it's the former, you could modify the code like so: open templates/sectionEditor/submission/peerReview.tpl, and find the following lines (at around line 206 in OJS 2.3.4):
Code: Select all
            {if $reviewAssignment->getRecommendation() !== null && $reviewAssignment->getRecommendation() !== ''}
               {assign var="recommendation" value=$reviewAssignment->getRecommendation()}
               {translate key=$reviewerRecommendationOptions.$recommendation}
                 {$reviewAssignment->getDateCompleted()|date_format:$dateFormatShort}

... and add whatever kind of highlighting HTML you want to the relevant part. For example, the following will make the recommendation bold:

Code: Select all
            {if $reviewAssignment->getRecommendation() !== null && $reviewAssignment->getRecommendation() !== ''}
               <strong>{assign var="recommendation" value=$reviewAssignment->getRecommendation()}
               {translate key=$reviewerRecommendationOptions.$recommendation}
               &nbsp;&nbsp;{$reviewAssignment->getDateCompleted()|date_format:$dateFormatShort}</strong>

Instead of adding the <strong> tag, you could add a <span style="..."> tag, and modify accordingly.

If you have any further questions, let us know!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby marchitelli » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:59 am

Thanks, James, I added a specific class and now I style this class in journal CSS.

Maybe could be useful to add this modification to the new OJS release.

Andrea
marchitelli

Postby kennymatthew » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:06 am

Hi,

IS there anyway to Highlight submissions in a different color depending on the decision of the Editor ? If Editor says "Revisions required" then in the submissions in review page, the paper will be in blue color.

Best Regards,
Kenny Mathew
kennymatthew

Return to OJS Development