OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.
Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher
The OJS Technical Reference
and the OJS API Reference
are both available from the OJS Documentation
You can access our public Git Repository here
. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki
You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here
You can use our Google Custom Search
to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.
Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion
subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support
I hope this is the right way to make requests (perhaps I should make one request per topic?). I have a couple of things I'd like to be able to do with OJS.
1. Might there be a way to implement a means of sending users passwords in other than ASCII as a means of providing a little more security?
2. Might it be possible to provide a choice of how to order users? E.g., on index.php/nms/manager/people/all (and similar pages) could one click on either Username, Name or Email and have users sorted in those ways? Right now it appears that they're sorted in chronological order.
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:47 am
This is indeed the right forum for feature requests; thanks for your suggestions.
1. Since OJS makes use of email communications for many of its functions, we're assuming that it's a trustworthy medium. Also, since OJS only stores hashed passwords, emails containing "raw" passwords can only be sent at the time the password is entered as a confirmation (and the "new registration" password can be modified to remove this information); any other time the password is sent, it's a freshly generated random password (and will usually be changed upon the first login). We consider this sufficient security, but we're certainly open to suggestions if you have another technique in mind.
2. We've had a few requests for this and it's already on our list.
Open Journal Systems Team
- Posts: 8453
- Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:56 pm
Return to OJS Development
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest