You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Feature Request: Ahead of Print section

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Feature Request: Ahead of Print section

Postby lednakashim » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:04 pm

One of my journal's requirements is to maintain an ahead of print section that would have different PDF galley files (not paginated). It is somewhat time consuming to have a different pre-print issue and manually switch the galleys via a file browser.

It would be nice if an issue could be masked as a "advance publications" page which would distinguish itself by having separate settings, such as not including page numbers. Then these articles could be "published" by changing their galleys (via a user interface) and inserting page numbers.

It would also be really nice if there could be a url such as /issue/advance . Currently I have to hard-link to the psuedo-advance-online publication issue and switch them up every time we plan to publish...

Re: Feature Request: Ahead of Print section

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:22 am

Hi lednakashim,

Thanks for this feature request! This one has been requested quite a few times. I have rescheduled an older feature request for preprint functionality to our upcoming release, although it may be bumped one release (see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1941). Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates.

Return to OJS Development