OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Bug in native import/export plugin

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Bug in native import/export plugin

Postby Marc » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:24 am

Hi people,

I’m using the import/export plugin to import articles and issues in my OJS (2.0.1)
I’ve a journal with a lot of issues, more than 30…
So, the template (./plugins/importexport/native/articleContext.tpl) don’t show all issues, but generate a first page with some issues and a link to the others pages (with the rest of issues).
I mean links like « 1 2 > >> », to navigate to first, second, next and last pages.

The bug appears here. When I try to go to the second page, an error message is showed:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /Projectes/RACO/ojs-2.0.1/plugins/importexport/native/NativeImportExportPlugin.inc.php on line 132

I’ve see into the file that the problem is that $temporaryFile is empty because $existingFileId = Request::getUserVar('temporaryFileId'))) is null. Apparently, there is nothing in $_POST.

I'm wrong?
There is a version without with bug?

Thanks a lot

Marc
Marc

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:20 pm

Hi Marc,

Thanks, this is indeed a bug. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2067 for information and a patch against 2.1.0-1 that will correct the problem.

Note that URL handling was overhauled between OJS 2.0.2-1 and OJS 2.1.0-1, so this patch won't work against older versions of OJS; I'd strongly suggest upgrading, but if you'd rather not, you can do one of the following:
  • Changing the form in plugins/importexport/native/articleContext.tpl from "post" to "submit" may correct the problem (this is untested)
  • You can work around the problem by increasing the number of items per page in paged lists; see the bottom of Journal Setup, step 5.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development