OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OpenX Ads in Journal Setup

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

OpenX Ads in Journal Setup

Postby vgabler » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:21 am

Hi,

Our System Administrator and I are currently trying to use OpenX Ads with an OJS journal running version 2.3.3.2. Would it be possible to include a section in the Journal Management Setup section for adding and configuring OpenX Ads for a future version? It would make it much easier to implement ads.

All best,

Vanessa Gabler
vgabler

Re: OpenX Ads in Journal Setup

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Just to clarify -- are you already using the OpenAds plugin shipped with OJS? What kind of functionality would you like to see available to the Journal Manager, specifically -- just general configuration options, or something more involved? I haven't used OpenAds/OpenX myself yet, but I'll have to in the near future for another project. Having a clearer idea on what you are looking for will help me better understand what kind of helpful functionality might be missing.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby rke4me » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Dear James

Is it possible to get any illustratrd tutorial (or video tutorial) for OpenX Ads or PhpAds ?

-me
rke4me

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi me,

I'd love to, but unfortunately we're pretty stretched time-wise at the moment. And unfortunately, none of us on staff are particularly savvy when it comes to OpenAds. I'll see if we can get something down the line, though.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development