OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

registry user name

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

registry user name

Postby alexukua » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:03 am

I found error
OJS 2.3.1.2 (June 25, 2010 - 08:52 AM) convert registry all user name to low upper case character.
(ex. Test1 to test1). And user cannot login with user name Test1.
alexukua

Re: registry user name

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi Alexukua,

I'm afraid I don't really understand what the problem is. How did you go about converting the usernames, and why?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: registry user name

Postby springday » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 am

When manually registering a user account or when importing users through the XML import/export plugin, user names are converted to lower case. However, a user is not necessarily aware of this. So, if I am registering an account as "Testuser" nobody tells me that the next time I should login as "testuser". I've tried this, and logging in as "Testuser" with a capital T didn't work. That's because the PKPLoginHandler passes the UserVar "username" to Validation::login as entered. A possible workaround is to change line 120 in PKPLoginHandler to

Code: Select all
$user = Validation::login(strtolower($request->getUserVar('username')), $request->getUserVar('password'), $reason, $request->getUserVar('remember') == null ? false : true);
springday

Return to OJS Development