OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

registry user name

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

registry user name

Postby alexukua » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:03 am

I found error
OJS 2.3.1.2 (June 25, 2010 - 08:52 AM) convert registry all user name to low upper case character.
(ex. Test1 to test1). And user cannot login with user name Test1.
alexukua

Re: registry user name

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi Alexukua,

I'm afraid I don't really understand what the problem is. How did you go about converting the usernames, and why?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: registry user name

Postby springday » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:41 am

When manually registering a user account or when importing users through the XML import/export plugin, user names are converted to lower case. However, a user is not necessarily aware of this. So, if I am registering an account as "Testuser" nobody tells me that the next time I should login as "testuser". I've tried this, and logging in as "Testuser" with a capital T didn't work. That's because the PKPLoginHandler passes the UserVar "username" to Validation::login as entered. A possible workaround is to change line 120 in PKPLoginHandler to

Code: Select all
$user = Validation::login(strtolower($request->getUserVar('username')), $request->getUserVar('password'), $reason, $request->getUserVar('remember') == null ? false : true);
springday

Return to OJS Development