You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Required fields in different languages

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Required fields in different languages

Postby fernao » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi there!

I'm using OJS 2.3.2-1 and I'm installing it for a brazilian journal.

This journal requires title and abstract, both in portuguese and english, for submitting articles. And all those four fields are required.

So I've started editing step3 form (classes/author/form/AuthorSubmitStep3Form), where I found the place for adding the checks for required fields. However, I realized that is not possible to add a check for a specific language. Then I tried adding locale support to the FormValidation, but my modification started to get bigger and bigger...

My question is: anyone have any plans for implementing validation checks for different locales?

Fernão Lopes

Re: Required fields in different languages

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi Fernão Lopes,

In OJS 2.3.3, there is now the option to allow submissions in multiple languages. If I remember correctly, Journal Managers can now specify which languages Authors can submit in. More information is available in a bullet here. I don't think we currently have any plans on checking whether information has been added for mandatory fields for any *non-primary-language* locales -- that is, we'll always only check that the primary locale passes validation. Of course, if you can provide a use case we're more than happy to consider it as a feature request.

Return to OJS Development