OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Automated Reminder Prior to Deadline

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Automated Reminder Prior to Deadline

Postby TonyOlivero » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:56 am

Hello:

My editorial staff has asked if it is possible to generate an automated reminder before the due date of the recommendation. I see options for failure to respond to a request, and post-deadline prodding, but if someone could point me in the right direction for setting up a pre-deadline reminder it would be most helpful. I'm assuming I have to modify the setup page to ask for this option and store that value in the database; create a prepared email; and generate a new scheduled task.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. We are currently using OJS 2.3.1-1.

Thanks,

Tony Olivero, Technical Assistant
Journal of Blindness and Visual Impairment
http://www.nfb-jbir.org
TonyOlivero

Re: Automated Reminder Prior to Deadline

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Tony,

Which process are you talking about, specifically? If you're talking about the review process and nag emails to Reviewers, you're correct in that you can only specify 1) a reminder email within x days of the original; and 2) a reminder email x days after the due date has passed. To add a pre-deadline reminder would take a fair amount of coding. Are you comfortable with Smarty/PHP? The best place to start would be to look at the Technical Reference (available here) and then to start looking at the code. Template files are in templates/, but you'll likely have to hit a lot of other PHP files. Let us know if you have any specific questions!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development