OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS 2.3.3rc1

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

OJS 2.3.3rc1

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:49 am

Hello all,

The PKP team is happy to announce that the release of OJS 2.3.3 is nearly complete. We've made a Release Candidate (RC) package available to anyone who wants to help with the final round of testing -- it's available at:

http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/download/ojs-2.3.3rc1.tar.gz

Please let us know if you have a chance to install and test this package. Thanks for helping to make OJS 2.3.3 a solid release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: OJS 2.3.3rc1

Postby lightshadow306 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:46 pm

Dear Developers,
Failed to install on FreeBSD 6.1 + Mysql 5.1.21 beta + php 5.2.3
It gives blank page when install and the following is the log
[Fri Oct 01 12:18:07 2010] [error] [client ***.***.***.***] ojs2 has produced an error\n Message: WARNING: Smarty::include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/usr/local/www/e-journals/cache/t_compile/%%7D^7DC^7DC17B21%%install.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/www/e-journals/classes:/usr/local/www/e-journals/pages:/usr/local/www/e-journals/lib/pkp:/usr/local/www/e-journals/lib/pkp/classes:/usr/local/www/e-journals/lib/pkp/pages:/usr/local/www/e-journals/lib/pkp/lib/adodb:/usr/local/www/e-journals/lib/pkp/lib/phputf8:/usr/local/www/e-journals/lib/pkp/lib/pqp/classes:/usr/local/www/e-journals/lib/pkp/lib/smarty:.:/usr/local/share/pear')\n In file: /usr/local/www/e-journals/lib/pkp/lib/smarty/Smarty.class.php\n At line: 1256\n Stacktrace: \n Server info:\n OS: FreeBSD\n PHP Version: 5.2.3\n Apache Version: Apache/2.2.6 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.7e-p1 DAV/2 PHP/5.2.3 with Suhosin-Patch\n DB Driver: mysql\n DB server version:
lightshadow306

Postby asmecher » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:11 pm

Hi lightshadow306,

Check your file permissions as per docs/README -- the cache/t_compile directory, and its contents, should be owned by whatever user your web server runs under. This will vary depending on what web server you're using and how it's configured.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby lightshadow306 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:14 am

Dear Asmecher,
Thank you very much, but Now I got
DB Error: Unknown column 'acting_as' in 'field list'
when I try to upgrade from 2.3.2.
and this problem is solved by run
php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

but the latexrender plugin issue still exists. When I go
user->editor->uaaigned (/index.php/journal/editor/submissions/submissionsUnassigned

it give me a blank page. this issue existed (viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6295)
Thank you for your help.
lightshadow306

Postby lightshadow306 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:10 pm

I now know what's wrong about the latexrender 0.5.
As I did a new installation, the files in /classes/core/* had been moved to lib/pkp/classes/core/
The most imprtant one is the file "VirtualArrayIterator.inc.php"
So I add a line
import('lib.pkp.classes.core.VirtualArrayIterator');
in LatexRenderPlugin.inc.php

But I don't whether will it make some other problems.

Best Regards
lightshadow306

Return to OJS Development