OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

email to all registered users

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

email to all registered users

Postby ushasharma84 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:37 am

hi
I want to Send a mail to all registered users to update their profile . I checked in prepared mails then found a mail notify users to accomplish this task but then i found that notify users will be sent to readers only . but There are users who are not readers but reviewers and authors. so is there any mail which can be sent to all registered users.Can u give me any help on this?
Thanks in advance
:roll:
ushasharma84

Re: email to all registered users

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:26 am

Hi ushasharma84,

Try logging in as an Editor and clicking the Notify Users link on the Editor's home page.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ushasharma84 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:48 am

This notify users will be sent to readers only. But i need to send it to reviewers also who may or may not be readers.Do i need to create a custom email to send a mail to all users or specially reviewers. I need some pointers on Creating such type of email.Thanks in advance.
:roll:
ushasharma84

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:23 am

Hi ushasharma84,

The Journal Manager can send emails to a specific group by clicking on the Group role link on their User Home page; and then clicking the Email Users button on that page. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2. ... iling.html.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ushasharma84 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:26 am

hi
Is this Group role link present in ojs-2.3.1-2?
I dont think it is present there.
ushasharma84

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:56 am

Yes, it is, but maybe I'm not making myself clear -- log in as a Journal Manager, and from your user home page click the group/role you want to mail. You'll be able to email the entire group from the subsequent page.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development