You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Custom Page Headers

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Custom Page Headers

Postby bar338 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Im trying to find a way to create more custom headers on pages. I've run into this problem several times before and never found a graceful way to handle it.

For example:
The article/view page which displays the abstract and article information. By default the header of this page displays the journal name. My client is interested in instead displaying the custom journal article header we use in our article pdfs. This would come in the form of a single image, and is intended to replace the current text (journal name).

How hard would this be to accomplish?

Re: Custom Page Headers

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi bar338,

IIRC, I actually did this several years ago for some journals my old uni published. You need to edit the correct template -- templates/article/header.tpl -- and add the same Smarty call from the standard header.tpl file that calls/displays the header image.

Return to OJS Development