OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Custom Page Headers

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Custom Page Headers

Postby bar338 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:45 pm

Im trying to find a way to create more custom headers on pages. I've run into this problem several times before and never found a graceful way to handle it.

For example:
The article/view page which displays the abstract and article information. By default the header of this page displays the journal name. My client is interested in instead displaying the custom journal article header we use in our article pdfs. This would come in the form of a single image, and is intended to replace the current text (journal name).

How hard would this be to accomplish?
bar338

Re: Custom Page Headers

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:20 pm

Hi bar338,

IIRC, I actually did this several years ago for some journals my old uni published. You need to edit the correct template -- templates/article/header.tpl -- and add the same Smarty call from the standard header.tpl file that calls/displays the header image.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development