OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Idea for OJS(Email authors)

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Idea for OJS(Email authors)

Postby jojovem » Fri May 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi support team, i know its possible to send email to all the authors but, only article by article, in OJS there isnt a way to send an e-mail to all authors of a particullar issue. This is important, to notice all of them that the issue got published. Or a better way to send e-mails with more filters in the ´users enrolled in this paper´ session. Filters like, Sort the are authors that haven't got their articles published yet, sort the authors that published in the issue number X, something like that.

And other thing, by talking with my teachers, one of them told me that is very important to keep track of the affiliation of each person enrolled in the journal. Thats because the journal must not allow section-editors select the reviewers that belong to the same affiliation(cheating stuff could happen there). Adding this feature together with the reviewing interests control it will be possible to make something like this:

When a section-editor chooses a reviewer, there should be listed all reviewers available in that area and that not belong to the same affiliation. Filters like that would be very helpful.

By the way, congrats for your software.

Gustavo Andrade
jojovem

Re: Idea for OJS(Email authors)

Postby jmacgreg » Mon May 31, 2010 10:54 am

Hi Gustavo,

Hi support team, i know its possible to send email to all the authors but, only article by article, in OJS there isnt a way to send an e-mail to all authors of a particullar issue. This is important, to notice all of them that the issue got published. Or a better way to send e-mails with more filters in the ´users enrolled in this paper´ session. Filters like, Sort the are authors that haven't got their articles published yet, sort the authors that published in the issue number X, something like that.

Emailing all authors of an article isn't currently possible because the additional authors listed on an article aren't necessarily enrolled as Author users in the OJS system. But I've added this to a new feature request, where I think it fits: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5483.

And other thing, by talking with my teachers, one of them told me that is very important to keep track of the affiliation of each person enrolled in the journal. Thats because the journal must not allow section-editors select the reviewers that belong to the same affiliation(cheating stuff could happen there). Adding this feature together with the reviewing interests control it will be possible to make something like this:

When a section-editor chooses a reviewer, there should be listed all reviewers available in that area and that not belong to the same affiliation. Filters like that would be very helpful.

I've submitted this as a feature request here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5484. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates. Also note that as stated in the report, the Reviewer's affiliation can be seen by clicking their name; but of course this isn't an optimal way to see that information.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development