OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

custom_area plugin project

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

custom_area plugin project

Postby jojovem » Sat May 22, 2010 11:46 am

Hi, im building a simple Plugin for OJS to change the way it treats the area choosing when submitting an article, or when editing or inserting a reviwer particulary in its reviewing interests. The basic idea is to make a manageble selection list to add areas one by one, following the idea:

Add the areas that this article is bound to:
Areas:_____________ { SELECTION LIST } (ADD|RESET)

So the user is capable to add areas one by one by adding with the add button, and if he makes one mistake he can just simply reset and do it again. I will not make a remove button because i need this plugin to be ready asap.

Im not very good in OJS plugin development but ill try to explain myself as good as possible so you can help me find the right methods or functions to call.

The Plugin will need to replace the original template only in the field that regards to article area or reviewing interests.
We will need a php file that inserts into the tpl file the areas that have been recorded into the database.
We will need to add a menu link in the journal manager so the user can easily add/remove/edit areas that are recorded into the database.

So here come my questions:
1- How do i change only one field that belong to an existing OJS form?
2- I need to record the table areas in the database areas(Auto AreaID, VARCHAR area), how do i create this table using OJS so i can pull the information also from it?
3- Is there a plugin that makes a simillar thing so i can study it?
jojovem

Return to OJS Development