OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Subscribter role

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Subscribter role

Postby ikehoe » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:55 pm

It would be worth considering a subscriber role included/investigated for OJS so that mass emails can be sent to this particular group. This request would be of help for a Synergies journal.
ikehoe

Re: Subscribter role

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi Inba,

There's already a Subscription Manager role, whereby you can designate anyone in the system as Subscription Manager to have access over subscription options (this may only be in OJS 2.3; I don't remember off the top of my head). You can also email subscribers individually from your individual and institutional subscription lists (again, this is only in 2.3+). However, you can't currently mass-email subscribers. I've added this as a feature request here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5190; please CC yourself for future updates.

(You may also want to take a look at OJS 2.3's subscription options, if you haven't already. We'll also be releasing 2.3.2 in the next few weeks, which will be considered a stable release and may be worth looking at as an upgrade option.)

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development