OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Posting reports

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Posting reports

Postby suminda » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:01 am

I have multiple journals uploaded on the OJS server. We are wanting to upload some reports. So the question is how do I make it to say 'About the Report' instead of 'About the Journal' in the 'About' section? :?:
suminda

Re: Posting reports

Postby suminda » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:08 am

Any idea anyone?
suminda

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:25 pm

Hi Suminda,

There isn't currently a way to change the wording for one specific journal (or report) in an OJS install without affecting all journals in that install, at least without doing some Smarty template coding, which would have to be maintained. Are you able to do such a thing, or have I in some way misunderstood your question?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby suminda » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:10 am

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling that it would affect all journals.

Thanks,
Suminda
suminda

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:36 am

Hi Suminda,

Actually, you should be able to use the custom locale key plugin, which ships with recent versions. See "System Plugins" as Journal Manager, then go to the "Generic" category.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby suminda » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi Alec,

I went to the 'generic plugins', enabled 'custom locale plugin', edit 'locale/en_US/locale.xml', edit 'manager.setup.addItemtoAboutJournal. I put the custom text and saved it. Nothing changed on the journal. Am I in the wrong place or am I doing something wrong?.

Sorry about the dumb questions but any help would be good.

Thanks,
Suminda
suminda

Postby asmecher » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi Suminda,

Don't edit the locale file manually -- use the "Customize" link by the Custom Locale Plugin entry in the plugins list after you've enabled it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development