OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Div Management

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Div Management

Postby elPatricko » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:56 am

Hello Everyone.

I'm new to OJS and my english is not that good :).

I would like to change some of div placements in the xhtml but i dont find a html in the ojs file struktur. Can somebody help me manage this problem?

I would like to put the navbar div inside of the header div. Where can i do this ?
elPatricko

Re: Div Management

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:09 am

Hi elPatricko,

You'll find all HTML in Smarty template files, located in your /templates directory (and if you are using OJS 2.3, in /lib/pkp/templates). Smarty is a templating system that we use; you can find more information, documentation etc. either here on the forum, or at http://smarty.net.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby elPatricko » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:04 am

Thx for your answer!

But i still got problems. I dont really understand how i can change the look with the .tpl files. I want the footer to displayed. And he's is never displayed. I changed his Background color put a text in the footer.tpl in it but he never really appears. the text is displayed but no background-color. The other problem is that iam not that good in english. In dont really understand your hugh texts about smarty etc. Is there a Tutorial How to change the Look of ojs? where is a step by step explanation? I just want to put the navibar to be inside of the header and the footer to be displayed... and i really dont know how to make it :)
elPatricko

Postby swing » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:49 am

Hi elPatricko,

You should be able to define the footer in journal setup -> Step 5. (The Look) -> 5.4 Journal Page Footer.
To change the header you should edit the template file lib/pkp/templates/common/header.tpl in OJS 2.3.0 or templates/common/header.tpl in an earlier OJS version.
I hope this helps!
Regards,
swing
swing

Postby elPatricko » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:42 am

swing wrote:Hi elPatricko,

You should be able to define the footer in journal setup -> Step 5. (The Look) -> 5.4 Journal Page Footer.
To change the header you should edit the template file lib/pkp/templates/common/header.tpl in OJS 2.3.0 or templates/common/header.tpl in an earlier OJS version.
I hope this helps!
Regards,
swing

hey thanks! it just worked fine!
elPatricko

Return to OJS Development