OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

New tables

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

New tables

Postby roberta_takenaka » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:43 am

I have a question about creating tables at the installation.
We had to create other tables that complements the ojs tables.
Is it enough edit the dbscripts/xml/ojs_schema.xml file to do the installation, I mean, to create these tables? Or I need to do other procedures? What I have to do to create this tables automaticaly?
Thanks.
roberta_takenaka

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:46 am

Hello Roberta,

Once the tables are added to ojs_schema.xml, you can trigger their creation by calling the upgrade.php tool. For example:
Code: Select all
php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:14 am

Thanks, but see the situation:

I am making a package (a release) of the system with the changes I made.
So, I imagine I just need to edit the ojs_schema.xml, because the upgrade will be done, at the moment someone install the system, no matter the person select or not the option "Create new database". Is that correct?

OR I have to give him/her the instruction to execute

Code: Select all
php tools/upgrade.php upgrade

Postby asmecher » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:43 pm

Hello,

That's correct; as long as they install the system or run the upgrade process, there's no need to run any additional commands.

If you have a moment, please post some information in the development forum about the changes you've made to OJS. We'd like to keep track of the sorts of modifications people are making so that we can 1) facilitate those types of changes in the forthcoming plugin infrastructure and 2) consider features for inclusion in future releases.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development