OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to add a new field into Thesis Plugin?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

How to add a new field into Thesis Plugin?

Postby cenkddr » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:26 am

I would like to learn what I have to do in order to upload Fulltext Thesis (as a pdf file) in Submit Thesis Abstract Form.

Thanks in advance,

Cenk Demirdover
cenkddr

Re: How to add a new field into Thesis Plugin?

Postby michael » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:54 am

Hi Cenk,

Currently this is not possible via the Thesis Abstract plugin, which assumes that the thesis has already been published elsewhere (i.e. a link can be provided to the published thesis). If you like, you can try to extend the plugin by adding the necessary additions to the submit form as well as table structure for the plugin, which is independent of the main OJS code base. You'll find all of the code in plugins/generic/thesis

A good starting point would be to review the regular article submit process, which also includes file upload (submission manuscript) as well as supplementary file upload. You should be able to reuse (with some modifications) much of the code and logic. I've also filed this as a potential future enhancement for the thesis plugin in our bug tracking system. Please feel free to add yourself to the bug report for comments and/or to submit code if you do have a chance to implement this feature.

Cheers,
Michael
michael

Return to OJS Development