OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS advanced template system

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

OJS advanced template system

Postby netfunda » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:20 pm

I have many journals hosted in one OJS installation. I was wondering if I can develop different templates (themes) for different journals which allows more than just styling the page. I would like the Font resizer on the right top (header), the search area also in the header and in another journal in the usual left column.

How I should proceed? The primary aim is to give OJS some web 2.0 look.

Thanks,
Rahman
netfunda

Re: OJS advanced template system

Postby mcrider » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi Rahman,

There is some discussion of this over at http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3491&p=13123#p13123 (The thread is about OCS but it applies to OJS just as well). Note that we're working on redesigning our software to get that web-2.0 look, and also we're considering allowing for a more customizable template system.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Return to OJS Development