OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Former/Previous/Earlier Title Support

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Former/Previous/Earlier Title Support

Postby cbel12 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:29 am

Two of the publications we're currently supporting (and for which we're migrating all backfiles) have changed titles during their publication history. Currently I can't find any indication that OJS includes support for former titles nor did I find any discussion of former, earlier, or previous titles in any of the forums.

I would like to request an enhancement that would allow a particular range of volumes or issues to be associated with one title while another range of volumes or issues is associated with a separate title. A single example of the two mentioned will suffice. The AMCAP Journal covered volumes 1-30 of its publication. Beginning with volume 31, the title changed to Issues in Religion and Psychotherapy. We don't want the backfiles in a separate OJS journal since they're the same publication.

I considered the possibility of using the issue title option to achieve this purpose but that seems awkward. Volume 24 of The AMCAP Journal bore the separate issue title of "Freud Turned Upside Down." Handling that kind of title is really what the issue title is meant for.

Journal title changes are actually quite frequent. While there may not have been much call for this in current installations, some currently supported journals will inevitably change title and will want to be able to accommodate that through OJS.

Thanks for considering this.

Jeff
cbel12

Re: Former/Previous/Earlier Title Support

Postby jmacgreg » Mon May 04, 2009 2:42 pm

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks: I've filed this as a feature request: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4242. Please feel free to CC yourself for future updates, and to make any further suggestions on that report. As I said in the report, this has come up before, but to my knowledge a workaround hasn't been proposed and I do agree that this is something we could handle within the software.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development