OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

managing abstracts

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

managing abstracts

Postby Shiralee » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:07 am

Hi,
I'm publishing the papers from a symposium for one of my next journal issues and we are looking to use the current install of OJS to manage this process. Currently I have it set up for journal publications and there doesn't seem to be anyway for people to just submit an abstract to a peer review process.

Is there something simple I'm missing?

Any help very gratefully received,
shiralee
Shiralee

Re: managing abstracts

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 am

Hi shiralee,

There's no way around having a review version of the submission in place for the review process to begin. Your options would be to upload a text version of the abstract; or to look into using OCS. If you will be eventually uploading a finished paper, you may also want to just upload a generic "placeholder" file.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development