OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

delete navigation bar

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

delete navigation bar

Postby kekropas » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:01 am

Hello, I would like to find out if I could be able to delete the default navigation and place on of my own(java or flash). Also I would like to erase the title of each page. As css controls only the styling of these items I guess these are somewhere in the tpl files but where?
kekropas

Re: delete navigation bar

Postby mcrider » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:43 am

Hi Kekropas,

The navbar is all in templates/common/navbar.tpl. As for the title--check out templates/common/header.tpl -- There is some code in the headerTitle div that determines how the page title appears.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby kekropas » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:08 pm

thank you very much for your help
kekropas

Postby kekropas » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:21 pm

I find everything under header.tpl. Thanks.
kekropas

Postby kekropas » Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:33 pm

One question, hope I won't bother you again, I am finally putting everything in order.
I tried to move in header.tpl the sidebar code under navbar so in main I will have content and sidebar side by side.
While this happened content contains also the sidebar something that is not convenient at all.
I believe there is something in the final line
<div id="content">
which doesn't close but I can't find what to do
kekropas

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Kekropas,

You'll most likely find the closing div tag for content in templates/common/footer.tpl -- that template file completes most pages. I would suggest perhaps trying to restrict your placement of things within the css first, and see where you can get with that.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development