OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

New plugin's development or Modification existing files?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

New plugin's development or Modification existing files?

Postby Olivia » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:44 am

Hello
There are some questions with configuration additional features for the OJS.
Could you give me links to read more about this.
1) Can I modify classes or plugins? Is this possible for updating?
2) Where can I read about updating system process?
2) It need to show some statistic data in some pages (pdf downloads, xml downloads, html downloads, abstract shows)
Where should I get this data? (from DB table 'articles_galley' field 'view' or something else?)
Olivia

Re: New plugin's development or Modification existing files?

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:35 am

Hi Olivia,

I can give you some general pointers, and if you need any extra information, please let us know. See below:

1) Can I modify classes or plugins? Is this possible for updating?

All the code is free to modify, so please go ahead. When we release a system update, we release a full set of system files and also a patch from the previous version; you should be able to use the patch upgrade process to complete a system upgrade and retain your changes, or at the very least make your upgrade process a little easier.

2) Where can I read about updating system process?

Are you looking for information on upgrading in particular? If so, I would recommend reading docs/README in the OJS download package, and also the OJS Quick Reference, which has a fair amount of info on upgrading: http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/docs/quickrefer ... erence.pdf.

2) It need to show some statistic data in some pages (pdf downloads, xml downloads, html downloads, abstract shows)
Where should I get this data? (from DB table 'articles_galley' field 'view' or something else?)

I would actually recommend looking at the existing plugins: plugins/reports/articles/, and plugins/generic/counter in particular. You may also want to take a look at how view counts are generated per galley file on the submission Editing page (the template responsible for this is templates/sectionEditor/submission/layout.tpl.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development