You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Future of Author's Submissions Files

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Future of Author's Submissions Files

Postby rke4me » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:37 pm

The Author's Submissions Files is the first step and the last step is the publications (or rejections) i.e. apprearing in a issue.
After these process I suppose that all the raw files (submissions files at fiest steps) may not be deleted from the directory. And after large numbers of submissions and no. of years it's became a big Garbage of these unwanted files.

Is it possible in future, give a command for JM to Delete (or Flushed) the these these unwanted files ( which not required any more in future) ?

Re: Future of Author's Submissions Files

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:27 pm

We will likely not include a general option like that -- we like to see old files kept around as a 'paper trail' of sorts, and is key in replicating previous offline journal workflow processes (in a way, the current system acts similarly to a physical file drawer or archive, keeping even rejected articles for possible future needs). Space is normally not an issue these days (I have a bare-bones hosting plan for myself, which includes as much space as I need, forever, for example; plenty of service providers do this now). That isn't to say that you can't create your own tidying scripts though; and of course, we'll continue to look to have OxS behave in a space-conscious manner (see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3914 for an example).

Return to OJS Development