OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OpenJournal + CK-ERP Demo

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

OpenJournal + CK-ERP Demo

Postby ckwu » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:46 am

Hi, folks,

I have just completed the preliminary version of a (OpenJournal <-> CK-ERP) connector. A demo of (OpenJournal 2.2.2 + CK-ERP 0.29.1) is available at,

http://ck-erp.org/ojs/ (please login using, username=demouser, password=demouser)

As far as I can tell, an (OpenJournal + CK-ERP) installation will be most useful to educational institutes and/or publishing houses. They will be able to maintain an online journal publishing operation's accounting book within OpenJournal's login environment.

Best Regards,
CK
ckwu

Re: OpenJournal + CK-ERP Demo

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Hi CK,

That's very interesting -- I've never actually used ERP software myself. Does your software actually interact with OJS in any way (say, in handling subscriptions etc.)? From the demo, all I can ascertain is that there's a link to the ERP at the top, and that authentication bridges between the two. Are you planning on (or have you already implemented) any further integrations? We'd be happy to hear any comments you might have on the work you've done.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby ckwu » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi, James,

Thank you for your interest in the (OpenJournal <-> CK-ERP) integration.

Based on a stepwise approach, creation of the connector (embedded link + authentication bridge + some other minor linkages) is a first step. Other things like syncronization of processing logic and harmonization of processed data are future enhancements to be carried out in the distant future (perhaps rather distant future). However, in the spirit of open source collaborative development, I would encourage any interested developer to carry out these enhancements his/her-self and contribute the developed codes back to OpenJournal's and CK-ERP's main codebases. At the same time, it is important to note that a lot more system integration tests need to be performed before the connector, in its current form, can be formally released.

Best Regards,
CK
ckwu

Postby tamarax » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:43 am

Is switching over to a career as a erp consultant suitable for a guy like me who has around 10yrs work exp? iam a mechanical engineer with around 10 yrs experience in marketing,sales ,service of pumping equipment with matured competency in designing and implementing end-to-end fluid handling applications.Iam planning to give my career a new turn by becoming an ERP consultant in the logistics modules of ERP.Iam a quick learner and a multi-faceted personality with demonstrated ability in accomplishing new and challenging tasks.Having been exposed to a wide spectrum of industries in the key area of fluid handling projects,is it worthwhile for me to become an erp consultant?
Last edited by tamarax on Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
tamarax

Postby ckwu » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:15 am

Hi, tamarax,

I am afraid this is really off-topic here. However, moderator permitting, I'll just add a short comment. With your mechanical engineering background, if you are interested in ERP consulting, I would suggest gathering a broad understanding of business operations and how computer is being used to facilitate such operations. Most importantly, home in your specialty focus on faculty management aspects of a business.

Best Regards,
CK

PS - moderator - thank you for your patience.
ckwu

Return to OJS Development