OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

domain change redirect messup

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

domain change redirect messup

Postby downtheroad » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:21 pm

I wanted to change the domain of my ojs site. So without altering the current dns, I pointed the new domain to the website. However, the new domain simply led to a blank page. I assumed this was due to the redirect logic (I had the 'journal redirect' activated in the journal settings). I saw no way to change the domain name for the redirect in the site settings, so I tried altering 'base_url' in the config.inc.php to the new domain url. However, this did not work. So I set base_url back to the old domain. But this did not work either. Neither domain takes one to the deisred http://www.yourdomain.com/index.php/jcpcn Is there some way I can get the new domain (best of all, both domains) to go to the journal?

dr
downtheroad

Re: domain change redirect messup

Postby downtheroad » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:13 am

I tried printing a message to the browser from index.php to sense what was going on on the new domain. The message printed on both domains. However, when I edited index.php and removed the message, this did not stop the message from appearing on the site. I then used the admin function to clear the template cache. I assume this did clear the cache, as I got no message to the contrary, but the message still appears. Any thought on how to unravel this?

dr
downtheroad

Postby downtheroad » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Solved the cache issue by deleting all the files in the cache folder on the server. However, doing so does not seem to resolve the domain issue.

dr
downtheroad

Postby asmecher » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi downtheroad,

Are you using the web_cache setting in config.inc.php? If so, this will make it a whole lot more difficult to debug. I'd suggest disabling it until you've got things working as you like, then re-enabling afterwards.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development