OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

import articles with xml in pieces

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

import articles with xml in pieces

Postby downtheroad » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:18 pm

I have imported articles using the xml import plugin. When using this, it seems I must load all the articles in an issue at once. I would like instead to load a few at a time -- so if I have three articles in the current issue already, I would like to add another two without building an xml file to upload all 5. Is it possible to do this?

dr
downtheroad

Re: import articles with xml in pieces

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:52 pm

Hi dr,

If you create an import file with either <article> or <articles> as the root element, you can import articles one (or a few) at a time, and associate them with an already-existing issue. To quickly add new content without using the XML import method, you can use the expedited submission method as detailed here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/files/docs/importexport/ar01s04.html.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development