OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Submission container too small width two sidebars

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Submission container too small width two sidebars

Postby Thalamus » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:24 pm

I configured my site so that a right and a left sidebar is displayed. This is ok on most of the sites, except for some administrator/editor sites, such as the submissions section.
The container/table which contains the submissions list is too wide and extends beyond the right sidebar, however, the sidebar overlays the submission table and I cannot see infos or click on links located on the right side of the submissions container.
This only happens, when I activate the left sidebar. When both sidebars are displayed, the main container is shifted to the right (not left aligned anymore).

I think I can solve this problem by 2 ways:
1. Change the overall layout, so that the left sidebar is completely aligned to the left (right now, there are about 200pixels dead space left from the left sidebar). This would shift also the main container slightly to the left which would uncover again the right parts of the container.
2. Change the width of the "Submissions" container, so that it fits exactly between both sidebars.
3. get rid of the left sidebar only in specific sections (such as admin or editor areas) (would be my preferred solution)

I tried both solutions for several hours but I could not find the right file, where I could change the layout/style settings as suggested.

Could anybody please help me?
Thank you very much!
Thalamus

Re: Submission container too small width two sidebars

Postby mcrider » Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Hi Thalamus,

Take a look at this bug entry--It has a patch that describes what CSS file and selectors to change to get the submission container to scroll when the window is too small. Unfortunately at this point, it is impossible to allow the container to resize based on their content's size.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Re: Submission container too small width two sidebars

Postby Thalamus » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:34 pm

Matt,
Thank you so much for youir quick response. It works.
It's not optimal because of the bars, but at least I can access the links and other data.
Will be there a function (next version?) to choose if some bars should be omitted/displayed in dedicated sections? (e.g. submisssions section, which usually takes a wider table than other sections)
Thank you very much again!
Roland
Thalamus

Return to OJS Development