OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS Light version

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

OJS Light version

Postby dekii » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:19 am

Hi all!

I need some kind of light version of OJS - Author can register and submit paper and nothing more... I dont need all other functionalities because I have other journal system (PHP-MySQL). What you think...can I change some parameters, change code and get what I need?

Thanks.
dekii

Re: OJS Light version

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:07 am

Hi dekii,

Since OJS is open source software, you are more than welcome to download and modify the code to get what you need. You may find that it will work well as it stands -- you can try using only the author submission step, for example, and ignore the rest of the software if you want. Of course, you will still need to have authors register with the system to submit.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby dekii » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:10 am

Thank you very much... I am not sure how to show/hide some links (menu on the right side for example). In documentation I didnt find any information about it.
dekii

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:45 pm

Hi dekii,

To hide the right navigation bar, take a look at Journal Setup Step 5.6. For the top navigation bar, you'll have to edit template files directly.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development