OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Static Pages in a portal site

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Static Pages in a portal site

Postby josipkp » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:43 am

Hi,

We have a Portal in Communication Science and we need to create generic informative static pages for all journals.
We made a plugin to create a lateral bar on the site - thanks to Juan Alperin for this.

We created static pages using StaticPages plugin under a fake journal and pointed the links for this path
http://revistas.univerciencia.org/index ... view/links, for example.

But this have a collateral effect: when the user clicks on the link (at left on the page), he is moved to the fake journal, not for the main page of the site. He is moved out from the journal that he is reading.

I tried to include this plugin to journal_id = 0 using SQL, without success.
I tried redirect the page, without success.

How could I improve that? Is that not possible using StaticPages? Need I to create a plugin to do each link?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Josi Perez
http://www.revistas.univerciencia.org
josipkp

Re: Static Pages in a portal site

Postby jalperin » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:00 am

Josi,

The static pages plugin cannot be used to generate site-level content, however, you solution of a "news" journal is both creative and effective. My suggestion for the sidebar links is to simply remove them from the news journal. In the Journal Setup - Step 5 you can move the sidebar content to the middle (so that is is unselected). You can leave "help", "font", "Language" and remove the sidebar blocks that are related to Journal Content.

Hope that helps!
jalperin

Re: Static Pages in a portal site

Postby josipkp » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi Juan Pablo, thank you for your answer.

The links in the leftSideBar are common to the entire site, for all journals.
I was lazy and tried to create static pages inside the News Journal (a privative journal) using your static plugin, but, I did not perceive that when the user clicks on any of this leftSideBar links he is moved to the News Journal.

The right way to do that is to create one plugin for each link, right?
Have a nice 2009!

Josi Perez
http://www.revistas.univerciencia.org
josipkp

Return to OJS Development