You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Institutional Subscriptions - Enhancement

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Re: Institutional Subscriptions - Enhancement

Postby Sally » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Another query.
Our home institution (university) has now managed to link our subscription page to their e collection system. However, the problem we are facing is their e-collection system won't recognise and numbers or symbols. Hence most of the usernames can't be recognised. Is there any way ojs can recognise user names that are only lower case? :roll:
Actually, our IT people now think they can by-pass the username problem by not sending the username to e-collection system, instead putting it into their database (retain it) and identify the user using the merchant id code. Does this sound ok for ojs system?

Postby downtheroad » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:08 pm

I believe James said, "If your subscription field runs out of space to list all 72 IP addresses, let me know and I can tell you how to extend it." Can you please indicate how to extend it?

I wonder also if there is a way to import batches of ip ranges so that if we get many such in a day for numerous subscribers we can import them rather than have to input them one by one.

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi all,

Sally, if it works, it works. You may also want to point your IT folks to OJS' LDAP and Shibboleth authentication schemes, but this isn't my strong suit and it sounds like they already have a working system in place to tie the two together. If this is the case, and if they have time to write a general use-case scenario, we'd appreciate seeing some details on what they did.

DTR -- there's currently no way to batch-import subscription information, although we are eventually planning to extend the Users Import/Export plugin to support subscriptions -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4064. There are a number of subscription improvement requests in the works atm: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/buglist.cgi? ... value0-0-1 is probably a fairly concise list.

To extend the IP range field, open up templates/subscription/subscriptionForm.tpl and find the input field with name/id "ipRange" (around line 88). You can extend the maxlength for that to accept more information.

Return to OJS Development