OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Institutional Subscriptions - Enhancement

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Re: Institutional Subscriptions - Enhancement

Postby Sally » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm

James,
Another query.
Our home institution (university) has now managed to link our subscription page to their e collection system. However, the problem we are facing is their e-collection system won't recognise and numbers or symbols. Hence most of the usernames can't be recognised. Is there any way ojs can recognise user names that are only lower case? :roll:
Thanks,
Sally
Actually, our IT people now think they can by-pass the username problem by not sending the username to e-collection system, instead putting it into their database (retain it) and identify the user using the merchant id code. Does this sound ok for ojs system?
Sally

Postby downtheroad » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi,

I believe James said, "If your subscription field runs out of space to list all 72 IP addresses, let me know and I can tell you how to extend it." Can you please indicate how to extend it?

I wonder also if there is a way to import batches of ip ranges so that if we get many such in a day for numerous subscribers we can import them rather than have to input them one by one.

DTR
downtheroad

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Hi all,

Sally, if it works, it works. You may also want to point your IT folks to OJS' LDAP and Shibboleth authentication schemes, but this isn't my strong suit and it sounds like they already have a working system in place to tie the two together. If this is the case, and if they have time to write a general use-case scenario, we'd appreciate seeing some details on what they did.

DTR -- there's currently no way to batch-import subscription information, although we are eventually planning to extend the Users Import/Export plugin to support subscriptions -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4064. There are a number of subscription improvement requests in the works atm: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/buglist.cgi? ... value0-0-1 is probably a fairly concise list.

To extend the IP range field, open up templates/subscription/subscriptionForm.tpl and find the input field with name/id "ipRange" (around line 88). You can extend the maxlength for that to accept more information.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Previous

Return to OJS Development