OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Next release?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Next release?

Postby rmichael » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:02 pm

Any idea how far away you are from 2.2.3? I know there are 2.2.2 patches for a few issues we've discussed lately, so I'm trying to decide if I should migrate the production journal site to 2.2.2 or wait until 2.2.3. If, for example, 2.2.3 will be released next week..

Thanks!
rmichael

Re: Next release?

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:29 pm

Hi Richard,

2.2.3 definitely won't be released next week. :D

Alec can probably answer more definitively on timelines, but I can give you an idea on what's going on in the background: we are in the midst of a fairly extensive code refactoring, where all common code between OJS, OCS, the Harvester and OMP is being shifted to a common library shared across applications. This will make code maintenance easier on our end, and will additionally allow for our software suite to be a bit more modular. If I understand the developers correctly we'll be continuing to support the 2.2.x line with critical bugfixes, etc. for the foreseeable future; but we'll also be moving ahead with a 2.3 line, based on this common codebase and including new features etc. as time goes on.

It's probably too soon to state even a tentative release date for either 2.3/2.2.3 (at least for me, anyway ...), so I think you'll be well-served upgrading to 2.2.2.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby asmecher » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:34 am

Hi Richard,

OJS 2.2.3 is still probably a month or two off -- there's nothing critical yet to justify scheduling a release, and as James notes, we're pretty busy with some bigger machinations. If there are specific Bugzilla entries that you've been following, you should be able to patch a 2.2.2 install with them easily and without introducing problems down the line. In the meantime, OJS 2.2.2 has proven quite stable and serviceable and I'd suggest going ahead with it.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby rmichael » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:30 am

Thanks Alec and James.

I'm just holding off since bumping into some of the Postgres DB integer syntax problems we've been discussing in other threads.

But as we've said elsewhere, I'll look through bugzilla for 2.2.3 stuff.
rmichael

Return to OJS Development