OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Upload Processing?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Upload Processing?

Postby codonnell » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:57 am

Where would it be best to start examining file upload processing issues? I've created a DOC->PDF (using OpenOffice.org) converter, and I'd like to integrate it into OJS. I wasn't sure precisely where I should start poking my head around. I'd also like to be able to use some of the data related to a submission (submission # for example).

Is this something I should do as a plug-in?

Best
codonnell

Re: Upload Processing?

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:57 pm

Hi codonnell,

I'd suggest looking at the XML galley plugin, as it does something similar to what you propose (but turns XML submissions into XHTML, rather than DOC into PDF). It's implemented in plugins/generic/xmlGalley. If you run into any hurdles or have any specific questions, let us know.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby codonnell » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:51 am

Super. Great. Thank you.

Casey
codonnell

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi Casey,

You may also find the following bug report of interest: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=3687 -- I'm in the midst of extending the plugin to support TEI, Docbook, and Erudit XML as well as NLM from the get-go. Additionally, you might be interested in our Lemon8 project: http://pkp.sfu.ca/lemon8. This program converts .doc/.odf documents into NLM XML for electronic publishing. It's undergoing active development at the moment, so if you have any issues and/or feedback, we'd love to hear it.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Development