OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Asking OJS to tell me all possible hooks?

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Asking OJS to tell me all possible hooks?

Postby rmichael » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:28 am

Is is possible to query OJS for all known hook names, including the dynamic hooks (for example, those created for children by parents as in DAO class)?
I could do this statically, by parsing the source with a system command, but it would be hard to catch the above dynamic hooks. For example, HookRegistry::getAllKnownHooks(), similar to HookRegistry::getHooks() (which should maybe then be "getRegisteredHooks()").

I would like my plugin to present a drop-down list of hooks to the user.

Thanks!
rmichael

Re: Asking OJS to tell me all possible hooks?

Postby asmecher » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:45 pm

Hi Richard,

There's no way to do this at the moment -- what you might consider doing is logging all hooks called (e.g. by modifying the HookRegistry::call function) for a while, using OJS representatively, and building a list that way.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development