OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

API documentation available

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

API documentation available

Postby asmecher » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:01 pm

Hello all,

For the OJS 2.2.1 release (and subsequent releases), we're publishing API documentation at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/doxygen/html/index.html. We hope this will be a useful addition to the set of documentation available for OJS. Please feel free to pass along any suggestions or errata by replying to this thread.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: API documentation available

Postby rmichael » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:22 am

Hi Alec,

This has been a big help, thanks for working on it.

Any chance of having all hooks listed the API? I don't know anything about doxygen, can you define custom sections of an API for it to document? It took me quite a while to figure out the dynamic hooks (e.g. UserDAO::_insertUser) were named with an "_". Our previous conversation in April discussed the hooks as "UserDAO::insertUser" without the "_", so I was confused for quite a while. :-) In the past, I grepped through the source for hooks (since the OJS TechDoc is presumably out of date now as well), but the dynamic hooks don't turn up with such a trivial effort.

Cheers,
Richard
rmichael

Re: API documentation available

Postby mcrider » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi Richard,

Being the one that built the latest OCS/OJS Doxygen docs, I found it pretty cumbersome to work with, e.g. Doxygen is very particular about the placement of tags and its numerous settings have to be just right to get such a large codebase to generate good documentation. That being said, it is possible to define custom tags through Doxygen, with which you could create an index page that lists all occurrences of these custom tags. Thus, one would have to go through all of the code and stick this custom tag in the comment block above each hook. This probably won't be a priority for us for some time, but as always, community contributions are appreciated!

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Return to OJS Development