OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

2 More Teething Problems!

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

2 More Teething Problems!

Postby janer » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:45 am

Hello Everyone!

Any advice on getting me out of the ever-decreasing circles described below would be very much appreciated!

1. As Journal Manager I have been starting to populate the Items under Step 3 Submissions, and have put something in every box on the page except for the 'Harvesting' section, which must wait until we are in publication. I have made minor amendments to the submission preparation checklist and the copyright statement, entered a Competing Interests declaration in 3.3, I have made sure that where there are tick boxes alongside items in section 3.4 they are checked.

I then went back to look at the 'public version' of the text by clicking the 'About' tab, and although the amendments to 3.1 and 3.2 were visible, nowhere can I find anything that was entered for 3.3 and 3.4, although it remains in the boxes as entered, if I go back to look at Step 3 in Setup. Am I just looking in hte wrong place, have I done something wrong, or is there another cause?

2. Related to the above, and as I was searching to see where on earth this material might have gone, I clicked the live links for 'Author Guidelines' where they appear in both number 5 of the Submissions Preparation Checklist, and in the 4 lines that come up if the link 'Information for Authors' at the bottom right of the Home Page are clicked. I expected this to take me to the beginning of the Author Guidelines, where I had just entered the hopeful statment 'I hope that there will be something in here soon!' Instead, both links just went straight to the Home Page! I have just gone back and tried the latter again, clicking the link to 'About the Journal' instead, and the following message appeared:-

DB Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(1)) AS url, 0 AS author_id, 0 AS article_id, CAST(

There is obviously something not right here? If you could give me very specific instructions about what needs to be fixed that would help a great deal please, as I don't do this sort of stuff and have to plead with the site hosts!

Thanks so much
Janer
janer

Return to OJS Development