OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

2 More Teething Problems!

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

2 More Teething Problems!

Postby janer » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:45 am

Hello Everyone!

Any advice on getting me out of the ever-decreasing circles described below would be very much appreciated!

1. As Journal Manager I have been starting to populate the Items under Step 3 Submissions, and have put something in every box on the page except for the 'Harvesting' section, which must wait until we are in publication. I have made minor amendments to the submission preparation checklist and the copyright statement, entered a Competing Interests declaration in 3.3, I have made sure that where there are tick boxes alongside items in section 3.4 they are checked.

I then went back to look at the 'public version' of the text by clicking the 'About' tab, and although the amendments to 3.1 and 3.2 were visible, nowhere can I find anything that was entered for 3.3 and 3.4, although it remains in the boxes as entered, if I go back to look at Step 3 in Setup. Am I just looking in hte wrong place, have I done something wrong, or is there another cause?

2. Related to the above, and as I was searching to see where on earth this material might have gone, I clicked the live links for 'Author Guidelines' where they appear in both number 5 of the Submissions Preparation Checklist, and in the 4 lines that come up if the link 'Information for Authors' at the bottom right of the Home Page are clicked. I expected this to take me to the beginning of the Author Guidelines, where I had just entered the hopeful statment 'I hope that there will be something in here soon!' Instead, both links just went straight to the Home Page! I have just gone back and tried the latter again, clicking the link to 'About the Journal' instead, and the following message appeared:-

DB Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(1)) AS url, 0 AS author_id, 0 AS article_id, CAST(

There is obviously something not right here? If you could give me very specific instructions about what needs to be fixed that would help a great deal please, as I don't do this sort of stuff and have to plead with the site hosts!

Thanks so much
Janer
janer

Return to OJS Development