OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

select when searching by interests

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

select when searching by interests

Postby svillanueva » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:35 am

Hello,

I need a modification when searching for a reviewer by interests as a Section Editor (and when searching any user by interests as a Journal Manager). If I'm not mistaken, the current system only allows to search item by item. For example, if the reviewer A has these interests:

clustering; OCR; document analysis

if we write "OCR; clustering" on the search-text box then the result will be no matches. We need to change these in order be able to search by more than one item at a time. I've been looking for the DAO's select process but I can't get it. Would it be difficult to split the interests by which we are searching in n items and then do n SELECTs ? Where do we have to do this ?

Thank you,

Sergi Villanueva.
svillanueva

Return to OJS Development