OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Obligatory Subject and SubjectClass

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

Obligatory Subject and SubjectClass

Postby svillanueva » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:50 am

Hello,

in our journal, when an author submits an article, we would like him/her to enter, at least, one keyword. We use 2 kind of keywords, the variables subject and subjectClass. We would like to include these 2 fields in the list of obligatory fields in the author's form. But knowing that, if the author gives a subject keyword, then the subjectClass can be empty and vice versa.

How can I do that? What kind of form class do we have to use? I've seen we need to add some check at

/classes/author/form/submit/AuthorSubmitStep2Form.inc.php

but I don't know exactly how to do it.

Regards,

Sergi Villanueva.
svillanueva

Return to OJS Development