OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

checkboxes for keywords

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
Developer Resources:

Documentation: The OJS Technical Reference and the OJS API Reference are both available from the OJS Documentation page.

Git: You can access our public Git Repository here. Comprehensive Git usage instructions are available on the wiki.

Bugzilla: You can access our Bugzilla report tracker here.

Search: You can use our Google Custom Search to search across our main website, the support forum, and Bugzilla.

Questions and discussion are welcome, but if you have a workflow or usability question you should probably post to the OJS Editorial Support and Discussion subforum; if you have a technical support question, try the OJS Technical Support subforum.

checkboxes for keywords

Postby svillanueva » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:07 am

Hello,

I'm starting to implement a modification on the OJS code in order to show a list of checkboxes for the authors to index their articles with keywords. The idea (i'm not sure whether this is feasible or not) is to build the checkboxes as the examples are read from $currentJournal->getLocalizedSetting('metaSubjectExamples') and then, every click on the checkboxes would add that keyword onto the textbox (which could be hiden).

So I would need to implement those functions in php or Smarty Templates to control those checks... i've tried to write some strtok test code between <?php and ?> but it doesn't seem to work...

Any guidelines to do this?

Many thanks,

Sergi Villanueva.
svillanueva

Re: checkboxes for keywords

Postby svillanueva » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:49 am

Well, I have developed this with javascript funcions, but I have a little doubt. I have a function that completes the subject textbox adding the value of a new textbox I've created, to the subject textbox... I call this function in the save&continue button (in author/step2.tlp) with the next sentence:

<input type="submit" value="{translate key="common.saveAndContinue"}" class="button defaultButton" onClick="additionalMetaData()"/>

do you see any problem with this? I mean, will this interfere in the OJS operation?

Thank you,

Sergi Villanueva.
svillanueva

Return to OJS Development