OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Subscription Expiry

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Subscription Expiry

Postby cbel12 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:54 am

OJS has built in date-based subscription expiry (including date-based expiry reminder e-mails). This works well for journals that come out on a regular schedule. While this is the ideal, many journals are not produced so regularly--including both of the journals I'm currently working with. (The editors of both are hopeful that OJS will help in this regard.) If a year-long subscription is supposed to contain 4 issues of a quarterly journal but it takes 14 months to produce those 4 issues subscriptions will expire before they should. I've already asked if there's a "normal delay" and been told "No." Sometimes it has taken as long as 16 or 17 months to produce 4 issues while other times they've come out as they should have. I suspect the journals I’m working with aren’t unique in this respect.

I'm interested to hear how any journals currently using OJS are handling/have handled this issue. I'm also interested to know if future development may include the capability to have either date-based or issue-based subscription expiry (including expiry reminder e-mails).

Thanks,
Jeff
cbel12

Return to OJS Development