OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Masthead alphabetization

OJS development discussion, enhancement requests, third-party patches and plug-ins.

Moderators: jmacgreg, btbell, michael, bdgregg, barbarah, asmecher

Forum rules
The Public Knowledge Project Support Forum is moving to http://forum.pkp.sfu.ca

This forum will be maintained permanently as an archived historical resource, but all new questions should be added to the new forum. Questions will no longer be monitored on this old forum after March 30, 2015.

Masthead alphabetization

Postby Sherman » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:46 am

I suspect this doesn't exist yet, or it would be obvious, but there is no way to alphabetize a part of the masthead with a single click. When I add members to journal-specific parts of the editorial team, the display is idiosyncratic, and to shift the order of an editorial team with several dozen people is ... well, I'm sure you've programmed a bubble sort before, right? :(

But please let me know if I'm missing something obvious!
Sherman

Re: Masthead alphabetization

Postby asmecher » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:28 am

Hi Sherman,

There's nothing built into OJS at the moment -- but running the following SQL statements:
Code: Select all
SET @row = 0;
SELECT CONCAT('UPDATE group_memberships SET seq = ', @row := @row + 1, ' WHERE user_id = ', u.user_id, ' AND group_id = ', m.group_id) AS sql_command FROM group_memberships m, users u WHERE m.user_id = u.user_id AND m.group_id = 4 ORDER BY u.last_name;
...will generate the SQL required to sort the memberships for a group (group_id 4 in this example) by the users' last names.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Development